W1 - Feb 25

 Dear, parents.


Today we covered science, phonics, and some of Reading Street scheduled for this week. I am slowly getting the students into a routine. Sadly, I feel there are some issues in the classroom that can be resolved easily, I hope. The first is students coming to class without English books. English books are left at home, or in homeroom classrooms. Also, some students even come to class without a pencil! I believe the answer to this first issue is to have students put all their English books into a zipbag, with an extra pencil inside.

Please see the image below:


Please, all students need this kind of zipbag to hold all of their English books.


The second issue is students randomly standing up in class, trying to do some kind of playtime thing, like playing with a pencil or ruler. I think the answer to this issue is to remind your children that class time is not the time to play. I can manage the class and correct this kind of behavior. However, if I am having to do this all the time with a few students, it takes away time from teaching the students who want to learn.

Tomorrow morning students will take their first weekly test with me. Please find an example of the test below. Students can use it to review for the test tomorrow. 



Congratulations and thank you to those students that completed their first row on my loyalty card.

Please encourage them to keep learning and improving in my class. 🙏🤍









 

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Dean Cook English - G2