W4 - Mar 17

Dear, parents. There seemed to be some attitude from a few students during my class. After we finished working on the Readers Writers book and the first worksheet of this week, some students seemed to have a problem with me using a video to teach about nature, exploring, and, camping. 

I will never be a teacher that just lectures from a textbook. It is not a good way for students to learn, and in general they will usually just copy the answers from the board, instead of using their intelligence. Please encourage students to pay attention and participate in all parts of my class. There is always a plan to why I am using a video. In this case, it was to open their minds and to listen, think, and speak about exploring, nature, camping, and hiking. Please support me, and encourage your children to trust in my teachings. 

The video I used to get them thinking about the topic and answering questions about it is below. Two students were very vocal that the video was crazy. An imaginative story about a boy putting his video game down and exploring nature is not crazy. 🤍🙏


The worksheet for today is below. 
Also, I have started preparing students for the oral test that is next week. I will provide parents the example questions and picture so you can practice at home with them. 

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Dean Cook English - G2